Saturday, June 30, 2018

End of the Summer


Thursday, September 06, 2007 

We are on week 2 of our 11th year of homeschooling and I'll address the challenges that this school year brings in a later post. I now want to review the fastest summer ever! The biggest event was our trip to Liberia to adopt Benjamin, 6 years, and Julia, 10 months. My husband, JD, my 13 year old daughter, Alei, and I landed in Liberia on June 2nd. We were handed our new children the next morning and stayed in Liberia until June 17th. I could write a book on our 2 trips to Liberia and our 3 Liberian adoptions, as they have changed everything in my life for the better; but I'll save that for later as well. This summer, I pulled my kids out of swim team so our pace would be more laid back and we would have the time to become a family. After working through the guilt I had initially, I realize it was a necessity. Adopting from Africa requires a lot of doctor visits when the children arrive home, even when they are healthy. July and August were filled with some summer school and doctor appointments, but we also had lots of swimming and fun company. I am going to post a few pictures from our trip to Liberia. 

JD playing "football" with Ben; poor kid, his shoes were 2 sizes too small.  

 

Alei and her new friend, Trouble, who lives at the guesthouse.



Julia's sweet smile


Ben (R) with his friend, Bo, at the beach.









No comments:

Post a Comment