Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Victoria Faith


Thursday, September 13, 2007

·         Victoria Faith

What is going to make this blog worth doing for me is to not forget all the little moments in my children's lives. I know there have been 20 times that I've thought that I should write down something they said; but I rarely do - now I will. I want to write a little about Miss Victoria Faith; we brought her home from Liberia last August, so she's been here over a year now. She has changed so, so much. She was "the quiet baby at the Children's Home," and never stops talking now!  She has grown and changed so much that it's hard to remember how little and sad she looked when they handed her to us!  She has a personality that is most entertaining.  She walks around and sings, "this ain't no ordinary," over and over, from the new Toby Mac CD.  When you ask her who's singing, she always says, "Toby Mac."  She is known to sing her own version of his "Whoopsie, Daisy, Call me crazy" as well.  When you ask her where she got her dress, hat, whatever, she always stares at it, like she's thinking, and says, "Kohls."  She is asked several times a day, "What are you doing?" usually because she may be doing something that she shouldn't, and she always gets this big eyed look and replies, "What? I'm not doing nosin!" (nothing).  She loves hot tea and has a big mug of it in the morning and evening.  In between she asks, "Peas, me one drink of you soda?"  She loves her baby dolls, Jay-jay the jet plane and Mickey Mouse.  For months whenever we buckled her in the car-seat, she would ask, "Are we getting chicken nuggets?"  When we'd say no, she'd say, "How about french fries?"  She will just now eat rice again, she refused to for a full year after existing on it in Africa. She has been such an enormous blessing; I honestly can't fathom our lives without her!  Here's Princess Tori:



This was Tori on Sunday morning; she got up too early and fell back asleep outside my bedroom door waiting  for me to get up.



She stayed asleep for over an hour after I put her in my bed.


Tori had already drinken all of her hot tea, so she decided to share Alyssa's.



This was Tori while we were doing school yesterday, one of those "I'm not doing nosin moments!"




I know this picture is too dark, but Tori found pacifiers for her and Julia, although neither have ever had one, and they stood behind the blinds with them in their mouths. 





 



No comments:

Post a Comment